Division of Special Education
Intentionally designing and delivering inclusive environments for students at every opportunity to maximize learning
Back to School
... Back to Learning
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. We are excited to welcome all of our students, families, teachers and support staff back. Click on this link to access "Back to School" information prepared by the Division of Special Education.
Bienvenidos al año escolar 2020-2021. Nos complace dar la bienvenida a todos nuestros estudiantes, familias, maestros y personal de apoyo. Haga clic en este enlace para acceder a la información de "Regreso a la escuela" preparada por la División de Educación Especial.
News & Announcements
The LAUSD is aware of the recently issued Los Angeles County Department of Public Health order indicating schools may allow for specialized in-school services for small cohorts of specific populations of students (students with IEPs or English Learners needing assessments and/or specialized in-school services) beginning September 14, 2020.
The Division of Special Education is hiring Parents of students with disabilities to participate in the 2020-21 District Validation Review (DVR) process as a Parent Team Member.
Click to Download the Family-Student Handbook, A Guide to Support Learning at Home
The Division of Special Education, Parent Community Services Branch and the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer held a special meeting to engage in dialogue with parents about the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) and the Learning Continuity Plan on July 31, 2020.
Read about some of the June and July 2020 events in our parent newsletter.
Join the Division of Special Education, Parent Community Services Branch and the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer in an upcoming special meeting to dialogue about the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) and the Learning Continuity Plan.
- Child Find Notice
- Family and Student Handbook, A Guide to Support Learning at Home
- A Parent's Guide to Special Education Services (Including Procedural Rights and Safeguards) - September 2018
- Division of Special Education Mission
- Division of Special Education Vision
- Division of Special Education Directory (Updated 10-24-19)
- Annual Budget and Services Plan 2020-2021
- Division of Special Education Electronic Policies and Procedures Manual (e-PPM)
- Division of Special Education Fingertip Facts 2018-2019
- ADA Resources: ADA Website and ADA Program Accessibility Request Form (REF-066902)
DIVISION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICES