Resident Student Enrollment Information
Here are the steps to begin the enrollment process at our school
- Read all of the information below carefully to ensure that you have the appropriate residence documents to begin your application. No applications will be given without original proof of residence documentation.
- Once you have obtained your documents, scan the copies to the email: email@example.com
- Once you have scanned the documents to our school, click on REQUEST A REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT to obtain an appointment with us. You will not be contacted unless we have the scanned documents verifying your residence.
- We will check the scanned documents and contact you with an appointment time.
- On your appointment date, bring the same three documents that were scanned with you when you come to pick up your application. Applications will only be given out with in-person verification of the originals.
- Complete your school enrollment application at home and obtain the needed medical, dental, immunization records, and original birth certificate or passport.
- Once you have completed your application and obtained all your documents, click on the COMPLETED APPLICATION APPOINTMENT link to make an appointment for your application submission with our main office.
- Come on your appointment date and time with your completed packet and all the requested documents to finalize your enrollment. Enrollment cannot be completed without the Immunization and Birth Certificate/Passport records.
- Your child will then be enrolled into our school system and receive a class assignment notification by email before school starts.
Verification Of Residency Policy
Los Angeles Unified School District policies require that for registration of enrollment and continued enrollment of all students, satisfactory proof of residence must be provided to the school by the students' parents or legal guardian.
In order to receive an enrollment packet, ALL THREE of the following ORIGINAL documents are required as proof of residence and must be in the name of at least one of the parents or legal guardians:
1. Current official government mail such as property tax bill, income tax return, CalWorks, Social Security, DMV Vehicle Registration, USPS change of address letter showing name and current address
2. Current DWP bill showing name and current address
3. Current gas bill showing name and current address
Please note, giving a false address or the address of a friend or relative is illegal and subject to prosecution as a fraud. Giving a false address is also subject to civil penalties or lawsuit (California Family code 6552; California Penal code 118, 12). Castlebay Lane Charter School has an internal system to actively investigate all cases where it has a reason to believe that residency has changed and/or false information has been provided. Verifications will include home visits at random times. All students with false addresses will be transferred to their home school.
If you are missing any documents that are required, we WILL NOT be able to give you an enrollment application at that time.