Student Enrollment Information

Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year
Here are the steps to begin the enrollment process at our school
Parents, please use the online Resident School Identifier to see if Castlebay Lane Charter Elementary is one of your designated resident schools based on your location.
If Castlebay Lane Charter Elementary is your designated school, please visit the following link to submit the pre-enrollment application for the 2024-2025 school year. If you wish to fill out a paper application, visit the school's office to request one.
Verification Of Residency Policy
Los Angeles Unified School District policies require that for registration of enrollment and continued enrollment of all students, satisfactory proof of residence must be provided to the school by the students' parents or legal guardian.
To receive an enrollment packet, TWO of the following ORIGINAL documents are required as proof of residence and must be in the name of at least one of the parents or legal guardians:
  • Utility service contract, bills, or payment receipts (Gas, Water, or Electricity)
  • Property taxes, rental or lease agreement, current rental receipt with address of property on receipt
  • Official government mail (CalWORKS, Social Security, Medi-Cal)
  • Current pay stub
  • Voter registration
Please note, giving a false address or the address of a friend or relative is illegal and subject to prosecution as a fraud. Giving a false address is also subject to civil penalties or lawsuit (California Family code 6552; California Penal code 118, 12).  Castlebay Lane Charter School has an internal system to actively investigate all cases where it has a reason to believe that residency has changed and/or false information has been provided.  Verification will include home visits at random times.  All students with false addresses will be transferred to their home school.

Proof of Age of Minor
Please submit one of the following acceptable documents:
  • Birth certificate
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Passport
  • Court order
  • Health office/vital statistics record of birth certificate date
  • Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) letter verifying birth-date and an explanation of how this was verified
Parent/Guardian/ Educational Rights Holder/ Caregiver ("parent") Identification
Please submit the following acceptable documents:
  • Student’s birth certificate or baptismal certificate or Court order establishing the parent/guardian relationship AND
  • Adult’s government-issued photo identification (Driver’s license or DMV identification card)
Proof of Immunization
For your reference, the Parents’ Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry is available at: Parents’ Guide to Immunizations
The following forms also need to be completed for your enrollment to be complete
*Examination by Private Physician Requirements - "Each student must present evidence of having received a specified health assessment examination 18 months prior to or within 90 days of enrollment in first grade."